Don't Be Afraid of Machine Learning, Artficial Intelligence, or Auto Classification Technology
Updated: May 24
There are several benefits to using machine learning and artificial intelligence for records management, policy compliance, personal information identification, and eDiscovery on unstructured content. Companies have tried using this technology for over a decade and often get frustrated in the setup and implementation process and end up abandoning the technology.
Technology has significantly advanced in the last few years and should be reconsidered. This blog will remind you why this technology can add value to your organization.
1. Compliance with policies: Machine Learning and AI technology can help organizations comply with records management policies, data privacy regulations, and other legal requirements by automatically classifying records, identifying personal information, and flagging potential compliance issues.
2. Increased efficiency: Machine learning and AI can automate many time-consuming tasks associated with records management, such as identifying and classifying records and automating the disposition of records in accordance with policy. This can result in faster and more efficient processes and reduced employee manual labor.
3. Identify Risk: Machine Learning and AI technology can analyze large volumes of unstructured content to find risks associated with personally identifiable information, trade secrets, intellectual property, etc.
4. Improved accuracy: ML/AI systems can process large amounts of data quickly and often more accurately than humans. This can result in higher accuracy in classifying records, finding personal information, and identifying relevant information for eDiscovery.
5. Cost savings: By automating many of the manual tasks associated with records management, privacy management, policy management, and eDiscovery, organizations can save time and resources, leading to cost savings. It can also reduce storage footprint and associated costs by reducing data that has met its useful life.
6. Better decision-making: ML and AI can provide organizations with insights and analytics to help them make informed decisions about their records management processes and overall compliance posture.
Machine Learning and AI can provide significant benefits for helping organizations reduce the burden associated with complying with laws and regulations and removing some of the burdens from employees. Even though technology has advanced significantly, organizations should still need knowledgeable professionals to set up, implement and oversee these technologies to ensure that they are used in a manner that is consistent with organizational policies and legal requirements. Kahn Consulting has been working with these technologies for over a decade and has developed a methodology to help organizations through the upfront work required to get the technology humming along.
If you are interested in a small pilot to demonstrate the advances in the technology and get some accurate data on some demographics (outdated date, age of data, last accessed, Personal Identifiable Information (PII), etc.) of your unstructured data, please give us a call at (989) 763 – 6611.